Sunday 6 December 2009

Redecorating My Life

So - we are currently in the middle of redecorating my bedroom and I figure now is as good a time as any to face up to the mistakes I've made and actually sort my life out once and for all. So I'm going to redecorate my life at the same time - though this might be more of a renovation than a redecoration!

Having spent the day purchasing Christmas decorations and little (read: useless) Christmas trinkets I feel very festive. Which is always nice - so the Christmas music is on, the lights are up (in my room anyway, the only place I'm allowed complete free reign!) and I'm planning the food to feed my family. I don't seem able to focus on the important aspects of this - like the main meal for Christmas day or any following or preceding days. What I am focusing on is an abundance of Christmas baking! Mince pie cupcakes with brandy butter icing anyone? No? How about a Christmas cake with white chocolate icing; mulled wine jellies; cranberry and lemon meringue pies or fudgy almond cake? I wonder - is it normal to be this excited by baked goods? My family and wonderfully long suffering boyfriend make bored noises whenever I plan my next batch of baking (though they get suitably interested when it becomes apparent they get to eat the results).
I think I shall make a little trip to the supermarket tomorrow - after all, it's never too early to start experimenting with Christmas recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment